Saturday, October 6, 2012

Think Pink for Breast Cancer!

Hey Everybody!

This month, October, is all about Breast Cancer Awareness. So show your support by wearing a pink ribbon! I wanted to write this post because my Mum bought me a little badge of breast cancer from Lifestyle when I was 7....now I'm turning 11 on October 22 . I still wear it no matter what month it is. Here it is...



.
I was always excited to wear this badge. Let's go back to the topic: Breast Cancer!  Let's learn how we can prevent from getting  this disease...



1. By keeping a healthy BMI. BMI stands for Body Mass Index. It shows the thinness and thickness of our body. We need to eat healthy food and stuff to keep a healthy BMI.

2. Eating even more fruits and vegetables. I think all of you know this point! But I will give examples: Fruits: Oranges, Cherries, Strawberries. Vegetables: Carrots, Peas, Cabbage.

3. Regular Exercise. You have to exercise at least 5 times a week for 45 minutes.

4. Stay Positive. Sleep about 8 hours everyday to B+.

So those are the things you should do to prevent getting Breast Cancer. You can get a check-up for Breast Cancer here:


http://www.damanhealth.ae/eDamanApp/opencms/eDaman/en/FormsGuides/HealthSupport/BreastCancerAwareness2012.html?div=HealthSupport&subdiv=submenu15?div=HealthSupport&subdiv=submenu15. It's free for women! Lots of Breast Cancer Awareness programs are happening.(Source Abu Dhabi Week, Capital's Magazine)

Phew! That was a LONG post! Bye for now!
Be Positive,
B.

4 comments:

  1. Felt very good to see your post on a health topic. What impressed me was your understanding of the relevance of the pink ribbon and willingness to educate your friends about it.
    Keep up the good work.

    PS - Do you know what the red ribbon is for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done B...You convey your message very well...Eagerly waiting for your next post..Have u thought what it will be?

    ReplyDelete